Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Pizzaisgood´s map - Rakanosh

<<

Pizzaisgood

Recruit

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 27 Feb 2013, 21:05

Pizzaisgood´s map - Rakanosh

Hey guys, i spent some time on making my first map and now here it is. Its supposed to be a small , very open and dificult map to build on. So you have to manage your city very well so that you don´t run out of space.
The castle in the middle is a very nice spot to control because if you have control of this castle you have the advantage because you can flank the enemys and their citys through those small entrances.
I also added a 7th player for some more details, but also for having a spot for an observer , because this loc can see the whole map but cant build or do anything . So if you have a trusted person who wants to observe the game and wont tell any secrets about the enemys, its possible to do so.
Because this is my first map im pretty sure there are still some things that have to be fixed so just give me some feedback ;)
So here it is :

Rakanosh v1.0.rar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 27 Feb 2013, 23:01

Re: Pizzaisgood´s map - Rakanosh

I'll test this with you sometime, Pizza. The visualizations are good (not perfect) but I suspect that gameplay will be the best part, since this map is coming from such a skilled player. I love the idea of a spectator very much, and the castle is just genius because it is such a cool landscape to fight over.

Looking forward to playing here!
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 28 Feb 2013, 04:20

The idea I like from this Map, is the observer's addition.
What about players 7/8 as referees or just funny commentors?
Is nice to think in 7/8 as the "invisible god team" who watches the match course in live.
They might talk between themselves, analyzing the players who participate (for fun).
KaM Skill Level: Jeronimo
<<

FeyBart

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 28 Feb 2013, 07:55

Jeronimo and Ben are right. That observer idea is pretty cool. Though, could the other players theoretically kill the observer, just out of curiosity?

The volcano looks kinda cool as well. I like the gutters that continue along the lines of the gutters on the volcano itself. Too bad KaM doesn't allow more different in height, so you could have made it more steep.
Nice coffee is always nice.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 28 Feb 2013, 11:15

Jeronimo and Ben are right. That observer idea is pretty cool. Though, could the other players theoretically kill the observer, just out of curiosity?
Yes they can, but the observer can keep watching anyway after being defeated :mrgreen:

And yes the map looks good, but i haven't played on it yet . :(
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

FeyBart

Knight

Post 28 Feb 2013, 11:22

(...)
Yes they can, but the observer can keep watching anyway after being defeated :mrgreen:

Can't you let the spectator begin with nothing, so he'll immediately be defeated? That way, you wouldn't have to reserve a loc for him. I'm not absolutely certain on how this works...
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 28 Feb 2013, 11:30

(...)

Can't you let the spectator begin with nothing, so he'll immediately be defeated? That way, you wouldn't have to reserve a loc for him. I'm not absolutely certain on how this works...
On this map there is a 7th player with a lot of destroyed buildings as part of the fighting space, so the loc was made for scenery, not for an actual player. so spectators will not be any harm :mrgreen:
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 01 Mar 2013, 03:51

We plan to eventually implement spectators properly, I'm not sure how I feel about this "hacky" solution, some players might find it confusing to have the 7th location (if they can't read the map description in English).

On another note, we probably need a way to have destroyed houses/roads that don't belong to a specific player, so they will always be on the map even if only 1 or 2 locations are used. Krom, do you think this is a good idea?
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 01 Mar 2013, 04:43

On another note, we probably need a way to have destroyed houses/roads that don't belong to a specific player, so they will always be on the map even if only 1 or 2 locations are used. Krom, do you think this is a good idea?
I'm not Krom, but I definitely think that this is a good idea ;)
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

FeyBart

Knight

Post 01 Mar 2013, 07:54

(...)
On this map there is a 7th player with a lot of destroyed buildings as part of the fighting space, so the loc was made for scenery, not for an actual player. so spectators will not be any harm :mrgreen:
Ah, I see. Sounds like a nice way to weave it into the map.
<<

Leeuwgie

Sword Fighter

Post 08 Mar 2013, 03:43

Tested this map once in multiplayer. It was a nice game. The gameplay is pretty good, maybe a little too easy. I think locations needs to be balanced better though and maybe add some more space for some locs and flatten the terrain here and there so it's easier to build your town. Besides this the map doesn't look perfected yet so I'm looking forward to the next update.
No matter what, always keep smiling ~ Bassie (from Bassie & Adriaan)
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

Post 08 Mar 2013, 08:09

@Lewin: Sorry for late reply. Yep, This is a good idea, I agree we need a neutral player, maybe we can add these houses to "animals" player :)
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 08 Mar 2013, 12:58

Idd this would be really nice. One time a player wont play with me a battle map "battle in the runied city" because it "looks" like one player would have also a city(watching the minimap) only :D
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 05 Apr 2013, 03:57

I've added this map to the Remake. I changed location 7 to be a fixed AI (doesn't show up in locations list in the lobby), it's added automatically.
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 05 Apr 2013, 08:38

I've added this map to the Remake. I changed location 7 to be a fixed AI (doesn't show up in locations list in the lobby), it's added automatically.
I don't get it. It's a spectator loc, will it work automatically when there's 7 players in the lobby?
edit: I see that you explained in another topic, nvm

Return to “Map Design”