Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

The Cracker Co-op map Update 22.05

<<

Paulpolska

Blacksmith

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 07 May 2013, 15:58

The Cracker Co-op map Update 22.05

I create my first co-op becouse I think that in game is not enoght map in this type.
Now is Beta version so I wait for comments what change/add

Description: Defense your last island from mercenary who banished you to the latest land. This is your last chance. Bridge between the islands will help you defend. Use it and waiting for the enemy will be weaken.

SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH ;P
Human Players: 2
AI Players: 4 (but 2 with villages)
Difficult Level: Medium
Difficult Terrain For Build: Moderate

CREATED WITH BETA VERSION
This map is possible to win not like others co-op ;p

ENOY IT ! - If you download my map you give me motivation to better work !

DOWNLOAD LINK:
NEW VERSION: http://speedy.sh/zBSvF/The-Cracker.rar

My other Maps:
Bad War Coop and Skirmish - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1552&p=25867#p25867
Strange Land - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1586
Last edited by Paulpolska on 05 Jun 2013, 16:31, edited 5 times in total.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 09 May 2013, 08:16

Re: The Cracker Co-op map

Hi,
It looks like a good map, we'd like to add it to the Remake because we don't have many coop maps, but there are some things to fix:
- Use Krom's editor's "magic water" tool to make the water flow in one direction
- Improve the coal (see The Dark Lord's image: http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/6595/coal1.png)
- Fix some ugly tiles (one at 50,101)
- Have a look over the player's areas with "CanBuild" selected in view passability, and fix the elevation so there are less tiles you can't build on
- Other people can give you more feedback on your terrain
<<

Paulpolska

Blacksmith

Post 09 May 2013, 13:23

Thank you but I have questions about your hints.

- Use Krom's editor's "magic water" tool to make the water flow in one direction
You talking about "rotate tile" option ? I dont see "magic water"
- Improve the coal (see The Dark Lord's image: http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/6595/coal1.png)
It's done !
- Fix some ugly tiles (one at 50,101)
It's done !
- Have a look over the player's areas with "CanBuild" selected in view passability, and fix the elevation so there are less tiles you can't build on
I don't understand what do you mean ?
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 09 May 2013, 13:39

In Krom's editor, there is a button above all the tiles that has the caption "magic water."

In the Remake editor, there is a viability slider that makes debugging easier. In the public release, the slider is below the minimap. In the latest RC, the slider is in the "chat" button (lower-left corner).
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Paulpolska

Blacksmith

Post 09 May 2013, 14:26

I can't load map in Krom Editor. "Range check error"
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 09 May 2013, 14:49

Make sure you've placed Krom's editor in your KaM TPR folder (NOT you KaM Remake folder), it needs data files from the original game. Also make sure your map file is not read-only, that upsets Krom's editor for some reason.
<<

Paulpolska

Blacksmith

Post 09 May 2013, 15:47

Make sure you've placed Krom's editor in your KaM TPR folder (NOT you KaM Remake folder), it needs data files from the original game. Also make sure your map file is not read-only, that upsets Krom's editor for some reason.
Of course I know that Krom Editor must be in TPR folder. I not set read-only on file but problem is still active.
At one time I used this editor and everything was good ;/
<<

Paulpolska

Blacksmith

Post 11 May 2013, 17:10

I repair coals and ugly tiles if that's enough I can upload new version map. Other hints I can't doing reason are erros in Krom editor and dont understand about CanBuild
Reply Lewin :]
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 11 May 2013, 21:22

CanBuild - In the KaM Remake editor click on the message at the bottom (the horn icon, used for chat in MP). Then change the "view passability" slider to "CanBuild". Tiles which can be built on will be highlighted. You can see tiles within the player's areas which cannot be built because they are too steep.

I can fix the magic water for you, your map opens fine in Krom's editor for me.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 22 May 2013, 11:41

Well I will edit here my full feedback later on. However I have tested it with a good player, his name is Discoupcan.
We lost really badly. The problem is like at all other coop maps the same. The equiprate is way to high set. When you make your first milita, the enemy made like +40 swords and +10 knights. We lost after 35 Minutes(!), a big army rushed over us and it was GG over. However when this is set lower or maybe the time, until the first recruit is made(it was like just at the start, the enemy made like his first sworman).

Other things that should be fixed:
<<

Paulpolska

Blacksmith

Post 22 May 2013, 13:09

Well I will edit here my full feedback later on. However I have tested it with a good player, his name is Discoupcan.
We lost really badly. The problem is like at all other coop maps the same. The equiprate is way to high set. When you make your first milita, the enemy made like +40 swords and +10 knights. We lost after 35 Minutes(!), a big army rushed over us and it was GG over. However when this is set lower or maybe the time, until the first recruit is made(it was like just at the start, the enemy made like his first sworman).

Other things that should be fixed:

Hmm I play with my friend and we stay alive hmm maybe 40-50min and he goes out so maybe problem is ... wrong tactic ?
Try to defend bridge on the center together with your friend. Start army is very good to defence.

On other RTS games like Original War is possible to set army or attack for example 25 min after some "event" on Kam not.

Of course thanks for feedback becouse this map will realease on new update so maybe I change this
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 22 May 2013, 16:02

Re: The Cracker Co-op map Update 22.05

Well we got a gigantic army coming at our town, but i retried it alone and i succeeded in beating it. I did need to use some tricks that you should not rely on to win however. Also i felt like there was not enough coal, and thus i started as leather only untill i could use the market to get all the resources i need. after that it is very easy. It was annoying on how many tiles were unbuildable in my opinion and thus my town efficiency suffered as a result. It felt like hillycal dundee, only on a smaller map in my opinion.

anyway here is the replay, enjoy.
Cracker.rar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Paulpolska

Blacksmith

Post 22 May 2013, 17:51

Well we got a gigantic army coming at our town, but i retried it alone and i succeeded in beating it. I did need to use some tricks that you should not rely on to win however. Also i felt like there was not enough coal, and thus i started as leather only untill i could use the market to get all the resources i need. after that it is very easy. It was annoying on how many tiles were unbuildable in my opinion and thus my town efficiency suffered as a result. It felt like hillycal dundee, only on a smaller map in my opinion.

anyway here is the replay, enjoy.
Cracker.rar
Nice playing thanks for video. Now is new version on this map. Enjoy ;]
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 22 May 2013, 17:53

Well Paulpolska. Nearly each mission can be won with dirty tricks :mrgreen: I also thought to make 4 towers(each player) and it would be gg with shoot on the enemy and go back to your towers, I mean you have endless stones, soooooo.. :P
However it is too hard, to play it the "normal KaM" way :P So just putting that the first recruit will come like not at 0:00 but like 00:20 would fix the problem completly I think. However I will try this map one more.
Other things are:

Like already said, the water looks ugly with the random direction and also like NO objects at the middle water(It neednt be fished, but other things)

Elavation isn´t the best and sometimes really random.

Top Right Human Player has like that many (!) uncutable trees, so these should be replaced with other trees.

You should use more types of "attack after" commands. I saw that they like first hour only attack the whole time "the nearest building from.." so we could crush the bowmen easily :lol: So you should add also some commands like "attack the closesest UNIT from...".
<<

Paulpolska

Blacksmith

Post 22 May 2013, 18:15

Pawel95 Is new version of this map just click download link. Attacks are delayed and stones cant trade with market. Water is too correct

Return to “Map Design”