Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Militia Only Army

<<

Daniel

Serf

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 24 Aug 2013, 23:36

Militia Only Army

Recently in an online 3v3 match, I amassed a militia only army, approx 120 i think I got after pt, using 7 woodcutters, 3 sawmills, 2 weapon workshop , and a gold prodction also ofc.

The strategy was surprsiningly effective , even without help from allies. Has anyone else tried this? Or on a larger scale?
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 25 Aug 2013, 03:54

Re: Militia Only Army

Yeah TeamSpeak players have done this many times. In 70 PT, 2x speed Cursed ravine, I had over 250 at the end of peacetime.

Now, to answer your question, this strategy is not effective. In fact, it is just outright terrible. You can get away with it when playing against bad players, but skilled players will can easily slaughter mass militia with swordsmen and bowmen. In fact, and melee units with ranged units will crush militia only. Also, Massed militia on this scale can take up room for your ally's ranged units to get into position, making your army almost worthless.

Note that any army combination isn't very good when going for only one unit. In teamgames, it can be different, but it is a problem if you get put in a 1v1 situation with only one type of unit. However, Militia only, lances only, and pikemen only are not good tactics.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 25 Aug 2013, 03:56

i agree with ben, 120 militia is nothing when you can have 30 swords 40 bows 30 militia in 60 pt. militia only overall is just weak, it will become a duckhunt game with the militia being the ducks and the bowmen being the hunters.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 25 Aug 2013, 09:59

Mass militia only works on open maps, where your army actually has enough space to fight/where you can surround your enemy, thus making use of the numeric advantage. It's the only way to be succesful. But 120 is not enough at all.
<<

Killer!!

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 12 Sep 2013, 14:37

And if you go for militia only 2 weaponmakers isn't good you need at lead 5 i think to make it succesfull (ofc only vs weaker players)
Do you want to play with/against me? Just write me a PM :D

Return to “General / Questions”