Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

My eternal thanks

<<

Cappe

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 26 Sep 2020, 07:52

My eternal thanks

What a trip this has been, I found back my old TSK disc two days ago, finished it.
I then found out the HD version was available on steam, so naturally I bought it instantly, only to find out it was literally unplayable for me due to freezes.
When I googled my problem yesterday, I found your amazing remake

IT ZOOMS IN AND OUT
YOU CAN SEE WHERE YOUR FLAGCARRIER UNIT IS
THERES FISH????!!!
THERES ACTUALLY FUNCTIONAL MULTIPLAYER WHAT THE HELLLLLLL

I played this game when I was 6 or 7 years old, im 28 now but not in the slightest ashamed I'm wasting 8hours a day on this.

tl;dr reliving my childhood, hat off to the devs on this one, amazing job. Thank you.
<<

cmowla

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 26 Sep 2020, 17:12

Re: My eternal thanks

They do take donations https://www.kamremake.com/ , if you want to thank them even more. (Clearly it was the joy of getting this Remake to everyone to have fun with this game that was their motivation, not to become rich off of it, but they did invest A LOT of time in the Remake . . . they've got to pay their bills, etc.) If you paid $10 for the Steam version (which I think freezes/crashes due to Steam itself trying to update while you play . . . I believe this can fixed by:
Open Notepad
Write down the following line: BootStrapperInhibitAll=Enable
Save the file in the Steam installation folder as Steam.cfg
(This is from windowsreport.com, the first web-page that comes up in a Google search result of the phrase "disable steam updates".)
), then how much more should you pay/donate in gratitude (rather than a requirement like the Steam version) for a game which the developers didn't make it mandatory to pay for to begin with? :D

Am I putting my wallet where my mouth is? Yep. I donated much more than $10 several years ago, and I did it with joy!

(The Remake's replay feature alone was worth the donation!)
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.

Return to “General / Questions”