Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

People who use other peoples names

<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 21 Dec 2011, 13:43

Re: People who use other peoples names

Rankings make people care too much.
I've played C&C 3 in the past and sometimes it took about 30 minutes to set up a game, because people were always crying about his ally being too weak or others being too strong, while a game itself only takes about 10 minutes.
I don't agree that people would care too much, it is how you cope with it.
And I know about C&C 3. I had problems with that too, but that was a big problem because the pro's could easily get in a game with the noobs, there was total randomness in picking opponents.
And for leaving: LEAVER BUSTER! Like in LoL.
You'd get suspended and eventually banned for continuously leaving.(I once got suspended because the laptop ran out of power and I couldn't find the adapter.)
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 21 Dec 2011, 17:54

I dont believe that what happens in C&C 3 is going to happen also in KaM Remake.
2 very different types of games... just imagine the players who sit and play KaM. Rude people? No way.

There must be some type of clasification, because I dont like either to start 1 game... play the conventional 60 peace minutes, and then discover that my opponents are newbies... I will say that was a waste.

I'd like to identify a Player by its nick (and know his true Level). From 10º Recruit to 1º Knight (without Archer/Xbowman).

Anecdote: I have been 2 games with a same player, even without knowing his name.
I remembered him in the 2nd game because he plays with Colour Green, and a personal Market-Step where he trades some stones for Pigs (watched this in replays). I like him :).
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 21 Dec 2011, 19:46

very different types of games... just imagine the players who sit and play KaM. Rude people? No way.

There must be some type of clasification, because I dont like either to start 1 game... play the conventional 60 peace minutes, and then discover that my opponents are newbies... I will say that was a waste.

I'd like to identify a Player by its nick (and know his true Level). From 10º Recruit to 1º Knight (without Archer/Xbowman).
Rude people? Plz check what this topic originally was about...

60min can be a bit long for some maps(maps at which you start with a sawmill).

I agree about Identifying a player and knowing his "rank".
That is also why I was organizing the tournament, to see which guys are very good and which aren't.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 21 Dec 2011, 23:25

just imagine the players who sit and play KaM. Rude people? No way.
Uhhh yes way!
There are lots of rude people who play the KaM Remake online, I've met some of them and I've heard stories on this forum.
This is the internet, there will always be rude people.
<<

FeyBart

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 29 Dec 2011, 15:05

I am in favor of accounts, but not in favor of ranking. We should, however, record the amount of games someone has played. (And maybe add a profile?)
Nice coffee is always nice.
<<

Siegfried

Knight

Post 29 Dec 2011, 16:55

Well, yesterday I was contacted by someone who thought he had seen me on a server.

Please - @the other Siegfried - if you read this, then write me a pm so we can talk about the nickname issue.
<<

batoonike

Warrior

Post 29 Dec 2011, 20:52

Registered accounts sounds very good. Rankings sound very bad. There will be gazillion different hacks if you make ranking system. Anything from map hacks to hacks that make other players game crash and thus gives you win (since the other player "left"). I don't doubt that you can eventually fix most hacks. But even for Warcraft III people found new exploits after 24 patches had been released in 8 years. And its blizzard, they are super serious about not having any exploits :D

But if you feel like fixing all problems that come up, Id love to play for a ranking!
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 30 Dec 2011, 02:28

But if you feel like fixing all problems that come up, Id love to play for a ranking!
No I really don't :P
We might add optional registered accounts so people can "claim" their nickname, but you can still play as a guest and nobody will know the difference. (except you can only used non-registered nicknames)
There are still problems with this like storing people's password's/email addresses, (hackable) but maybe if we add a "we accept no responsibility if your data is stolen" clause to the terms and conditions maybe that would be enough.
For now it's not a big deal IMO.
<<

batoonike

Warrior

Post 30 Dec 2011, 13:51

Maybe you can link the forum accounts and game accounts somehow?
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 30 Dec 2011, 22:14

Maybe you can link the forum accounts and game accounts somehow?
But then only people who speak English could register accounts (easily). I want it to be possible for anyone to make an account no matter what language they speak, preferably in-game at a login screen or something. There are a lot of Poles and Russians (and others) playing the KaM Remake who don't speak English.
<<

FeyBart

Knight

Post 31 Dec 2011, 13:08

(...)
But then only people who speak English could register accounts (easily). I want it to be possible for anyone to make an account no matter what language they speak, preferably in-game at a login screen or something. There are a lot of Poles and Russians (and others) playing the KaM Remake who don't speak English.
You could also just automatically create the accounts for people on the forums, before releasing the system. (And whenever someone registers on the forums, they automatically get a KaM Remake account.) Maybe that'd be a solution?
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 01 Jan 2012, 00:05

You could also just automatically create the accounts for people on the forums, before releasing the system. (And whenever someone registers on the forums, they automatically get a KaM Remake account.) Maybe that'd be a solution?
Well to be honest I don't want to make people feel obliged to use THIS forum over the other ones. The Polish, Russian and German communities all have their own forum so I don't want to make the Remake seem tied to this forum over the others. Also forums aren't for everyone. I think we'd just end up with hundreds of users registered on this forum who never even visited it.
I'd rather keep the account systems separate if we have one at all, but thanks for your suggestion.
<<

FeyBart

Knight

Post 03 Jan 2012, 14:01

(...)
Well to be honest I don't want to make people feel obliged to use THIS forum over the other ones. The Polish, Russian and German communities all have their own forum so I don't want to make the Remake seem tied to this forum over the others. Also forums aren't for everyone. I think we'd just end up with hundreds of users registered on this forum who never even visited it.
I'd rather keep the account systems separate if we have one at all, but thanks for your suggestion.
I'm not saying everyone should register for the game via this forum, I'm saying they should have the possibility to register via whatever way you are going to use, but if people on this forum want, they should be able to secure their account name. Just to make sure your name isn't used yet by some idiot trying to be funny. And maybe you could ask some friends of the other communities to also make a list?
<<

batoonike

Warrior

Post 04 Jan 2012, 21:16

I want accounts so I can ban some people. Dudes keep joining, everything is ok, they say gogogogo and then quit 3 seconds after the game has started. And again. People with different names, prolly one idiot changing name or something in these scenes. There are other people who constantly drop because of technical problems ruining other 5 peoples games basicly, if it was teams.
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 04 Jan 2012, 23:05

I like the idea to log in at Multiplayer Lobby, using this Account.

It would be nice to have a small option to edit your "Personal Rating" inside Lobby, classifying Players you have contacted with.
If you host a game, then Banned cant join, however you can play with them in other people rooms.

B.R.A.V.E. Code
B: Banned
R: Rookie
A: Average
V: Veteran
E: Elite

Return to “General / Questions”