Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Clear a save slot

<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 04 Jul 2014, 19:53

Re: Clear a save slot

but even thought you are a bit frustrated you can still come back when you cool down and say polietely that you want to stick with the original. it's not exactly about what he prefers but how he dealt with it.
Why? He can't speak his mind about disliking KaM Remake?

I feel like people are kind of overreacting. He didn't say anything wrong. Sure, it's a bit unusual, but I have no idea what all the fuss is about.
<<

Bence791

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 04 Jul 2014, 19:57

I think they aren't. Even though Lewin mentioned the Remake, he gave an actual solution to the problem, and the guy instead of saying thanks wrote a somewhat rude reply. That wasn't nice at all.
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 05 Jul 2014, 02:38

Well if someone would've taken the time to read some of his previous posts they could've known he already knew KaM Remake but prefers original KaM. I can imagine the frustration if every topic he posts in results in 'download / play KaM Remake'.
So am I meant to search every user's history before replying to them to check what they do/don't like before I reply to them? I don't have time for that. I mentioned the Remake and gave the only possible solution for the original game. How hard is it to ignore the half of my post that doesn't interest you and just look at the other half? I think mentioning the Remake is very important because as I said, lots of people come here haven't not heard about it.

Here are some examples from the past 6 months alone:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2095
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2179
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2207
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2049
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2014

In fact you're guilty of doing this yourself:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1834

In all those cases the person was asking about the original game, but when someone mentioned the Remake they used that instead. If we hadn't told them about KaM Remake on the offchance that they've already tried it and didn't like it, those people probably wouldn't have found it and would still be struggling to get the original game working.

Should we first ask "do you hate KaM Remake?" before telling people about it? And read every post a user has made in case they once said they have already tried KaM Remake? It's far easier just to mention KaM Remake and also mention the solution for the original game like I did.

And I'm not going to waste my time on writing a massive long response about the original game just to find the person say "KaM Remake is great, thanks!". If the user wants more info about the original game they can (politely) say they've already tried KaM Remake and ask for more info about the original game, which I will happily give where possible.

In any kind of support service (phone provider, internet provider, etc.) they ask the most obvious questions first, and if that doesn't solve the user's problem they move on to more advanced/specific solutions. The difference here is we don't get paid to help people, so politeness is not optional.
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

Post 05 Jul 2014, 06:43

*long story*
Lol, you sure did take the time now :rolleyes:
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 05 Jul 2014, 07:07

Anti, I appreciate the effort of trying to protect every single user here (just like a good admin should! :) ), but (apart from my doubts whether this user deserved the help) you simply cannot win with Lewin xD
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

Post 05 Jul 2014, 07:26

Anti, I appreciate the effort of trying to protect every single user here (just like a good admin should! :) ), but (apart from my doubts whether this user deserved the help) you simply cannot win with Lewin xD
I'm not trying to win. Nobody ever 'wins' in these discussion.

I just feel like a lot of times people forget this is a KaM community, not a KaM Remake community. And yes, maybe he should've said it nicer, but like half of our regular users ganging up on him is a bit harsh, imo.
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

Post 05 Jul 2014, 08:55

See the signature.
Just adding my 2c on this:
I have light forum theme with avatars and signatures disabled ;-)
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 05 Jul 2014, 11:36

What the hell? This is a normal discussion and you start a new discussion now about who "win a discussion"? I thibk there are different perspectives and there is noone who is really right or wrong totaly. ..
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 05 Jul 2014, 12:11

See the signature.
Just adding my 2c on this:
I have light forum theme with avatars and signatures disabled ;-)
Krom, you just made my day :P
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

MrMew

Recruit

Post 06 Jul 2014, 06:21

Sorry to interrupt, but hasn't this gone a bit off-topic. Thank you for all your views on this. I've been bothered a lot in previous posts about the remake so I put it in my signature in the hope someone would notice it. No offense was intended on anyone, including my post "see the signature."
Also: I apologise for posting this in the wrong forum area. This was meant to be in "General Talk" but I was reading some posts in "Strategy Central" and probably thought I was still in "General Talk".
No. I'm not getting the remake. Bother someone else.

Return to “Strategy Central”