Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Tiank's Maps

<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 01 Oct 2014, 19:48

Re: Tiank's Maps

I'm wondering if Michalpl is even aware that there is mineable stone on the map...
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Brolian

Recruit

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 01 Oct 2014, 20:10

I think that map Lost City Struggle, is very good. Good look like. Maybe 4 players have got some troops. But on that map we can use builds to win and turn houses againts enemy :-)
So that map is not like ok face to face. In that map platers have to plan and try surprise enemy. At the end players must decide where walk with trops to good point at map :-)
Very exciting map i think and small town is good :-)
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 02 Oct 2014, 09:02

Thanks for your opinion about Lost City Struggle Brolian :) Yeah, the map seems to be pretty interesting, harder than most maps, good for micro.

I updated it today, changed looks a bit and rebalanced troops' position. Also, I added fire sound and thanks to Brolian, the sound stops playing, when there is no house left (not like a situation, when there are no houses left would happen often, but it might happen :)). Script is free to use for anyone. Sound is licensed under CC 3.0 license, so anyone can use it as long as credit is given (info about original sound can be found in text file in map's folder). If you're going to use the sound that is in map's folder, just remember to give credits to me as well, as I've put some work to make it sound good while looped :).
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

Michalpl

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 02 Oct 2014, 12:08

I know there is mineable stone to Ben

Adding stone should be for time when the AI will get updated and it will be able to trade for it since AI uses a lot of stone
Or check if player is controled by ai then give 500 extra stone for AI

code
if States.PlayerIsAI(0)
then begin
Actions.GiveWares(0,1,500);
end;
if States.PlayerIsAI(1)
then begin
Actions.GiveWares(0,1,500);
end;
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 02 Oct 2014, 15:56

But its good map if that 2 player have like 2 hours peace time and have some army to fill map.
Well, here it is. I played it on 120 PT, 3x speed, could have 30 Knights, 50 Swords, 70 Xbows, 45 Pikes and 135 Militia, if I had enough gold for recruits :(. My army would fill vertically whole screen then.
Cold Steel Mountains vs AI 120PT.7z
However, a good game is not about unit spam in my opinion :).
AI uses a lot of stone
As you can see, during that 120 minutes AI still got some stone left to mine :).

Thanks for the script though, might be useful one day ;).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 13 Nov 2014, 19:03

I made another building map, it's 2v2 with iron only and leather only loc in each team. Can be downloaded in first post, or here.

Preview:

Some replays:
BTP iron 1v1.7z
BTP 3rd game.7z
BTP 4th GREAT game.7z
Check out especially 4th game, it's with Bullet and Strangelove vs Lady Pauline (Myrkridia) and Curlyman. Really worth watching :D.

All reaplays work only on RC3.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Strangelove

Crossbowman

Post 13 Nov 2014, 19:09

Check out especially 4th game, it's with Bullet and Strangelove vs Lady Pauline (Myrkridia) and Curlyman. Really worth watching :D.
OMG, now everybody will know that I suck! D:
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 13 Nov 2014, 19:13

Dude, it was one of your first games, wasn't it? Everyone know, you don't play often (I haven't seen you playing at all) and personally I think, you didn't suck at this game. It wasn't that bad :). I really enjoyed watching the game after PT :).
<<

Strangelove

Crossbowman

Post 13 Nov 2014, 19:32

Dude, it was one of your first games, wasn't it? Everyone know, you don't play often (I haven't seen you playing at all) and personally I think, you didn't suck at this game. It wasn't that bad :). I really enjoyed watching the game after PT :).
Well, I have to admit... I haven't played a PvP-Match in years now. I've played with my Bro against AI a couple of times, but that's pretty much it. :$
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 13 Nov 2014, 20:12

then what do you expect? with experience comes better plays. you can use this to learn from your mistakes and improve :D. what is more important, did you have fun?
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Strangelove

Crossbowman

Post 13 Nov 2014, 20:32

then what do you expect? with experience comes better plays. you can use this to learn from your mistakes and improve :D. what is more important, did you have fun?
Didn't expect much tbh, but that doesn't change that I suck. :P
And I did have fun, tho I have to admit that I got very tired at the end. No wonder, cuz it was late and I had a busy workday. I hope I can join you guys again in the future! :D
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 14 Nov 2014, 00:48

I expected you to suck so no worries xD

(I'm just giving you a hard time ;))
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 27 Nov 2014, 18:23

Hi Tiank,

First of all: I dislike all bridges on both maps.

Now, having that said, let's move on to some constructive criticism (I'm just better at the burning part, you know).

About Between Two Paths:
- The locations look nice, but when we go outside the bases, the object placement gets quite random. Try to place objects more in groups, rather than 'here and there'. A good example of 'here and there' is the dead trees and bushes around the ice in the north-west of the map. A good example of objects in groups are the trees next to the stone, also in the north-west. Don't get me wrong, it's not wrong to place objects 'here and there', but don't do it too much. Balance is the keyword I guess.
- Those two bridges above the waterfalls, oh my god.
- Wait, that was not constructive. The bridges: they look unnatural because they are so big compared to the water they extend over and compared to the waterfalls as well. Try to find a workaround. Maybe exchange them for land, or those shallow waters you used under the waterfalls. (Or remove the waterfalls.)
- I like the stone with the water in the middle! Does it contain fish (I'm viewing in Krom's map editor so I can't see that :( )?
- Many mountains could (should) be a lot higher, and maybe also larger. I think it doesn't look great if you have a tiny bit of gold or iron mountain like you have on the right. This was better in Cold Steel Mountains.
- Your coal looks good, keep it up.

This is all I can come up with for now, if you want more feedback or feedback about something specific, let me know. :)
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 28 Nov 2014, 14:26

Thanks TDL, I really appreciate your feedback :). It's very helpful for me!

I was worried about object placement and you're right, balance is the keyword, I need to find that balance :).
- I like the stone with the water in the middle! Does it contain fish (I'm viewing in Krom's map editor so I can't see that )?
Yup, it does contain fish :). 60 to be exact.
This is all I can come up with for now, if you want more feedback or feedback about something specific, let me know. :)
Ok, I'll keep that in mind, thanks!
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 18 Jan 2015, 21:30

Fixed Between Two Paths can be downloaded in first post :). Huge thanks to TDL for his tips and also for sado, for mentioning some stuff worth polishing (like elevation).

Return to “Map Design”