Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Vatrix's Campaign Fixes

<<

Vatrix

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 13 Jan 2015, 14:40

Re: Vatrix's Campaign Fixes

Yes, it is suppossed to do so, I played it in TSK and it was the same.
I fixed The Shattered Kingdom and The Peasants Rebellion here!
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 14 Jan 2015, 10:23

New campaign to work on - The Barbarian Territory
Download in this topic: http://knightsandmerchants.net/forum/vi ... 528#p25466
Take this as it is my own campaign, so please all feedback here :wink: .

Also still continuing (is that even word?) to fix things on TSK, but now with the school it's harder to save some time for it, but don't be afraid with proper feedback everything is possible!
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 16 Jan 2015, 16:30

It's here, version 1.0 of my fixes for campaign The Shattered Kingdom!

Download and how to install in the first post.

If you encounter any bugs or problems, just write me here and I will fix/explain problem :wink: . Also list of changes will be completed soon!

I want this patch to be in next release, so please play play play!

*Edit: List of changes completed!
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 16 Jan 2015, 18:06

I can't check right now but could you tell me if you disabled fish in TSK? Imo you shouldn't start with fish or be able to gather fish in the TSK campaign as it wasn't possible in the original.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 16 Jan 2015, 18:10

Fish are enabled only in missions, where is some close fishing spot.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 16 Jan 2015, 18:31

Well that's bad I think. But that's just my factual opinion ;)

I trust that you at least reduced the insane numbers of fish down to <90?
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 16 Jan 2015, 18:43

Thats a good point, I'll look at it.
Thank you :wink: .
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 16 Jan 2015, 20:11

First update to The Barbarian Territory!
- in-game texts are now fully working
- english, dutch and czech translations

See first post!
<<

Tiank

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 17 Jan 2015, 18:38

I just wanted to say, that it's great, that you started working on this campaign, cause I really liked it once I saw it! Unfortunately, I don't have much time to help with testing, but I think I can provide Polish translations if needed :).
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 17 Jan 2015, 19:11

Needed. :D
<<

Everstill

Farmer

Post 21 Jan 2015, 19:56

Hello, I registered here to thank you for your work on the Campaign!

I already downloaded and finished today your fixed Campaign, played on the latest version of KnM Remake, r6720, and I found no issues on the missions (I downloaded the version before this lastest update you made). It is really very close to what I remember from the original and of course, with all the improvements of the Remake. In fact I found it harder because the AI is smarter now and bring a lot of troops when you start attacking him, while in the original they were very dumb and exploitable, the Archers now actually attack you instead of being stuck in the middle of troops and doing nothing (this is the main point of it being harder) and you basically can't retreat your archers because they follow you to hell. But this is not a bad thing, this is a good thing, I want to win because i'm smarter not because the enemy is dumb.

The hard missions continue to be hard, with the damn Mission 8 being the hardest. Close to it come the mission 14, that with the better AI make things harder, because when you are defending, the Green enemy come with full force by accident, but I think the Allied AI is better now.

I have some feedback/questions to you:

-Why you placed pre built city for some AI? The Campaign fix that I download some days ago, only the Mission 9 and the mission where the Bottom Black Enemy build had a starting from scratch AI. I found it amazing the first time I played and saw the AI building their city just like me and I don't see what they lose by building everything, they have infinite resources anyway. What I can aprove is pre set one or two buildings just to make the layout better, but let the AI build his city just like the original.

-I don't get why the Barbarians have Iron Troops in mission 8. In the original they have too right? But I find really awful the so called "Barbarians" that live in the north comming with Full Armored Knights and Crossbowmans. Can't you bring more consistency to the thing and make a full Leather army for them? Yeah I know, this will make them weaker, but you can add more defense positions and add more Barbarians to the bases and increase the rate of troop production (like, if it is 1 per 60 seconds, put 1 per 45 seconds) to even the balance. (and they run out of iron anyway) And of course put more soldiers to the attack wave to compensate the initial lack of Iron troops. I trust you for the balance ;)

- Can you please inform me the stats of the units in the Remake? I already know how the combat formula is and stuff, but I don't know what are the new stats for the soldiers in the Remake. For example, I know that the archer is weaker, but what changed in him? Shielded soldiers have +1 to the defense formula against arrows? Cavalary have bonus against non-pike foot soldiers?

- In the last Mission, mission 20, The last Lothar Army inside the Castle get stuck without Iron Armor which make his troop production very low. This is caused by the low amount of Iron Bars that is delivered to the Armor Smith because the Weapons Smith consume too much while the Armor Smith need to make Shields and Armor. Can't you put a limit to the Amount of equipments that the AI will store in the Barracks? Like, limit to 40-50 and them he will stop creating infinite swords while the Iron Armor is zero.

- Also, this last Lothar enemy don't attack you right? I always had a question for this kind of enemy, like the Lothar army inside the Castle and the Walheim mountain top army. Once this only enemy remains, there is no way to lose the mission, even if you keep suiciding soldiers after soldiers you can't lose anymore. Well, in fact, in the Original you can "lose", because you can run out of gold and so you can't create more troops (close to impossible to happen because of the amount of gold this missions have), but in the Remake you have the Market, so, infinite gold and any other resource. Can't you make this enemies attack too? You can add a condition that they will only start to attack once they are the only enemy left alive, or add a high amount of hours, like after 3 hours they start to attack. The attacks can be small like 30 Knights, just to give a chance to the enemy to defeat you. You can increase the training rate of troops to compensate for this (like, if it was 50 seconds, make 40 seconds).

Well, if I remember more things you can count that I will inform you and give you feedback in whatever you need. I want to start now the Peasant Rebelion Campaign, because I never finished it in the original game, so I don't know it very well and I can't tell if something is broken and i'm losing because of bugs or something wrong. It is at least playable in the Remake? Why you don't start to fix it too just like the Shatered Kingdom campaign? You are the savior of the singleplayer players like me! So please, save us again!

Oh and you can count that I will play this Barbarian Campaign too, you can count on me for feedback.

Thanks again for your effort! And please don't stop!
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 21 Jan 2015, 20:01

Hmm... Judging from some comments, it seems like you (Vatrix) made way too many changes. Please keep in mind that you should make the missions as close as possible to the original...
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 21 Jan 2015, 20:11

Vatrix, doesn't you remember Lewin saying
I think it would be best to let the AI build their city, that's sticking closer to the original campaign. When I first played TSK I remember being amazed when I saw the AI building their village in mission 9. The AI builder in the Remake is very different yes. If the storehouse contains sufficient resources it will not build houses to produce that resource. So you could make it more like TSK by reducing the number of resources in the storehouse. You can also control the rate at which they produce soldiers. I understand it would be hard to balance though...
Please keep the AI cities like they were in the original. You are trying to make a patch, not please your own desires ;)
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 21 Jan 2015, 20:47

I'll start from the bottom.
@Ben
Please keep the AI cities like they were in the original. You are trying to make a patch, not please your own desires ;)
I tried man, a lot, but to make AI cities work like in original, I need more options for AI to set. Lewin promised me that when he comes back, he will look more into this problem. So just for now cities in TSK9, TSK14 and TSK16 are pre-built. In TSK15 I managed to make AI build good city by adding some buildings (2 inns, barracks) - this was possible because of space the AI hasto build. When AI building problems will be fixed, I of course change this thing back ;).

@TDL
Hmm... Judging from some comments, it seems like you (Vatrix) made way too many changes. Please keep in mind that you should make the missions as close as possible to the original...
Some of these changes were necessary, other were made to match for example city-defending amount of troops to TSK.

@Everstill
First I'm glad that you gave such a big feedback! I didn't really expect something like that. :).
Why you placed pre built city for some AI? The Campaign fix that I download some days ago, only the Mission 9 and the mission where the Bottom Black Enemy build had a starting from scratch AI. I found it amazing the first time I played and saw the AI building their city just like me and I don't see what they lose by building everything, they have infinite resources anyway. What I can aprove is pre set one or two buildings just to make the layout better, but let the AI build his city just like the original.
I think the answer I gave to Ben covers your question ;).
I don't get why the Barbarians have Iron Troops in mission 8. In the original they have too right? But I find really awful the so called "Barbarians" that live in the north comming with Full Armored Knights and Crossbowmans. Can't you bring more consistency to the thing and make a full Leather army for them? Yeah I know, this will make them weaker, but you can add more defense positions and add more Barbarians to the bases and increase the rate of troop production (like, if it is 1 per 60 seconds, put 1 per 45 seconds) to even the balance. (and they run out of iron anyway) And of course put more soldiers to the attack wave to compensate the initial lack of Iron troops. I trust you for the balance ;)
I can't change the mission this much, because it will not match original. Also sth like that would need to rebuild enemy city, which is no problem for me, but I think most people will be against this change. You know this campaign is not mine, so I can't do anything I like with it. (which sometimes annoy me :D)
Can you please inform me the stats of the units in the Remake? I already know how the combat formula is and stuff, but I don't know what are the new stats for the soldiers in the Remake. For example, I know that the archer is weaker, but what changed in him? Shielded soldiers have +1 to the defense formula against arrows? Cavalary have bonus against non-pike foot soldiers?
I have some knowledge about this, but I don't know the mechanics completely, ask devs in General topic, please ;)
In the last Mission, mission 20, The last Lothar Army inside the Castle get stuck without Iron Armor which make his troop production very low. This is caused by the low amount of Iron Bars that is delivered to the Armor Smith because the Weapons Smith consume too much while the Armor Smith need to make Shields and Armor. Can't you put a limit to the Amount of equipments that the AI will store in the Barracks? Like, limit to 40-50 and them he will stop creating infinite swords while the Iron Armor is zero.
Thanks for advice, I did not test missions this deep, I'll look at this problem.
Also, this last Lothar enemy don't attack you right? I always had a question for this kind of enemy, like the Lothar army inside the Castle and the Walheim mountain top army. Once this only enemy remains, there is no way to lose the mission, even if you keep suiciding soldiers after soldiers you can't lose anymore. Well, in fact, in the Original you can "lose", because you can run out of gold and so you can't create more troops (close to impossible to happen because of the amount of gold this missions have), but in the Remake you have the Market, so, infinite gold and any other resource. Can't you make this enemies attack too? You can add a condition that they will only start to attack once they are the only enemy left alive, or add a high amount of hours, like after 3 hours they start to attack. The attacks can be small like 30 Knights, just to give a chance to the enemy to defeat you. You can increase the training rate of troops to compensate for this (like, if it was 50 seconds, make 40 seconds).
Changed in latest patch, both guys attack you, I'll do some more testing, cause in mission 12 and 20 there are still some things I don't like.
Well, if I remember more things you can count that I will inform you and give you feedback in whatever you need. I want to start now the Peasant Rebelion Campaign, because I never finished it in the original game, so I don't know it very well and I can't tell if something is broken and i'm losing because of bugs or something wrong. It is at least playable in the Remake? Why you don't start to fix it too just like the Shatered Kingdom campaign? You are the savior of the singleplayer players like me! So please, save us again!
That's probably not a good idea, this campaign is bugged as hell, I will look at it and fix it, too ;). I just did not ever like this campaign, because it mainly uses ONE same map over and over and the briefing map looks too much like TSK's one, but thats not what we're talking about here... :D - I will fix it as soon as I'll have time and after TSK will be done.
Oh and you can count that I will play this Barbarian Campaign too, you can count on me for feedback.
Thank you very much, I very appreciate your help! :)
Thanks again for your effort! And please don't stop!
Until everything will be right I won't stop and even after that I will still take care of my favourite campaigns and good memories :wink:
<<

Everstill

Farmer

Post 22 Jan 2015, 20:59

Thanks for the answers! I will reply them.
I think the answer I gave to Ben covers your question ;).
I tried man, a lot, but to make AI cities work like in original, I need more options for AI to set. Lewin promised me that when he comes back, he will look more into this problem. So just for now cities in TSK9, TSK14 and TSK16 are pre-built. In TSK15 I managed to make AI build good city by adding some buildings (2 inns, barracks) - this was possible because of space the AI hasto build. When AI building problems will be fixed, I of course change this thing back ;).
I was sure there was a reason and not an arbitrary decision. So let's wait for the new options then. Oh, and in my play, the AI in TSK9 had a good city and the AI in TS15 had a very good city, I was surprised how they made it.

A problem I see in the AI in general is that they make too many Serfs (Mission 18 for example the enemy have a million serfs). In the Editor you have the "Serfs per 10 houses" but the numbers don't seen to work well. We should ask the dev to adjust this.
I can't change the mission this much, because it will not match original. Also sth like that would need to rebuild enemy city, which is no problem for me, but I think most people will be against this change. You know this campaign is not mine, so I can't do anything I like with it. (which sometimes annoy me :D)
Well, at least you agree it's strange? They are Barbarians. All the pre placed enemies are Leather. They have full Leather city but for some reason they have Iron Building that start to make Iron Troops. (if at least they made Warriors instead of full civilized Knights and Pikeman....)
I have some knowledge about this, but I don't know the mechanics completely, ask devs in General topic, please ;)
There is no Topic with "Knights and Merchants Remake Unit Stats" ? Good god, this is a very important information. I will ask.
Thanks for advice, I did not test missions this deep, I'll look at this problem.
You can fix too by swaping the Weapon and the Armor Smith, so the Armor Smith become closer for the Iron Bar delivery.
Changed in latest patch, both guys attack you, I'll do some more testing, cause in mission 12 and 20 there are still some things I don't like.
Great. How you made their attack? Medium force in the very very late game? I will replay mission 7 with the new version.

Oh, and in Mission 14 as I said, the Defense Position range fucks things up. Because when the Green attacks, they start to fight close to his base, if you engage there with your allied village, their defensive soldiers start to come too. I had to ignore them and let them kill my allied soldiers and they retreated to their base. In the next attacks, I had to always agroo them with a Archer and bring them very far from their defensive positions to kill them.

Oh, and the Lothar Army send his troops scatered like crazy because of the "target closest building". They even come from both sides. I don't know how to fix this.
That's probably not a good idea, this campaign is bugged as hell, I will look at it and fix it, too ;). I just did not ever like this campaign, because it mainly uses ONE same map over and over and the briefing map looks too much like TSK's one, but thats not what we're talking about here... :D - I will fix it as soon as I'll have time and after TSK will be done.
Oh man, that suck :( Good thing I don't even started the Campaign yet. But yeah, I don't like it too, for some reason it is not very interesting like TSK, so I never finished it. But as a Original Campaign, I think you should focus in TSK and TPR first, to make them full playable in full glory. Ask the devs for more freedom in The Peasant Rebelion because of the many bugs and the Lack of Siege Weapons (this can hurt the balance a lot), so you can fix everything and rebalance based in the Remake features.

If you start fixing now, I can literally play Mission by Mission for you as you go fixing it ;)
Thank you very much, I very appreciate your help! :)

Until everything will be right I won't stop and even after that I will still take care of my favourite campaigns and good memories :wink:
You're welcome! And thanks again for your effort!

Return to “Map Design”