Barbarians by CrazyGuy

<<

Saunterer

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 29 May 2016, 13:11

Barbarians by CrazyGuy

Hi all!
I have a real prblem with this mission, it included at every last updates and every time makes me mad. I can't find any information about this mission in the web. I also tryed the mission about 30 - 50 times. I think mission balance was not corrected to game balance updates. Who complited this map? Any help? Replays? :'(
<<

cmowla

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 30 May 2016, 15:04

Re: Barbarians by CrazyGuy

Hi all!
I have a real prblem with this mission, it included at every last updates and every time makes me mad. I can't find any information about this mission in the web. I also tryed the mission about 30 - 50 times. I think mission balance was not corrected to game balance updates. Who complited this map? Any help? Replays? :'(
If you want to see the easiest way to beat it, let me know, and I will produce a replay for you.

If you want to see an "elegant" way to beat it, I'll leave that up to someone else.
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

Saunterer

Peasant

Post 30 May 2016, 17:28

Let's start from easist way )
<<

Tiank

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 30 May 2016, 20:14

When I beat it the elegant way, so with making fully working economy and training whole army, I will post replay as well. I was trying to beat it some time ago, but I didn't finish it. I remember it was pretty hard.
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

equalizer

Vagabond

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 30 May 2016, 21:00

Tried it today and was ready to attack after about 1.02 hour. During attack i get attacked by other computer :? Have to make new plan for this, pretty hard indeed :)
<<

Saunterer

Peasant

Post 30 May 2016, 21:16

equalizer,
After ~1:20 they attaks too often from different sides. And there are more, than 2 enemies. 4, I think. Barbarians at east and Barbarians at west - two additional enemies, who appears by timer at area of another two enemies.
In original KaM Barbarians was VERY vulnerable for arrows, but in this version more difficult to shoot them.
<<

Tiank

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 30 May 2016, 21:33

In original KaM Barbarians was VERY vulnerable for arrows, but in this version more difficult to shoot them.
Now Crossbowmen should be good against Barbs. So I guses going for iron as fast as possible is a must on this map.
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 30 May 2016, 23:49

Apparently the map is unbeatible (winning conditions are incorrect).

However, here's the replay. I never played this map before, but it seems nice.
Barbarians (cmowla).zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
<<

Saunterer

Peasant

Post 31 May 2016, 00:07

Wow, TY. Unexpectedly. =) Is it real necessary to split all squads by single warrior? Or it just for microcontrol?
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 31 May 2016, 00:29

Wow, TY. Unexpectedly. =) Is it real necessary to split all squads by single warrior? Or it just for microcontrol?
YW.

For units by the buildings, technically no, but more saves will be necessary to make it happen. When they are split, you can move away the one (of the three) that was last being attacked by the enemy. Therefore, especially when fighting against barbs, that unit can recover.

For the offense (my three axefighters) in the northeast, I would say YES, because it's defense against the towers.

If you want to really see some action, see my Northern Islands I replay (linked to in my signature). I admit, that was HARD. (That is the king of difficulty of all building maps, period.) On the same scale, I rate this map easy-medium.
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 19 Jul 2017, 02:55

Earlier today, I made a video commentary on my replay on "Crazy Guy's" Barbarian map. I wasn't going to upload it, but I just decided to at the last minute because I already made it. It's not too long of a video for anyone who is interested, although I highly doubt anyone who has seen my replay already would need to.
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 07 Sep 2020, 04:11

Can anyone tell me what the win conditions are for this mission? As you can see in my video, I destroyed all storehoses, school houses, barracks, and troops, but I still didn't win. (Is there a bug, or do I have to destroy ALL buildings and villagers too?)

Return to “Strategy Central”