Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Mission 14

<<

twelvespike

Rogue

Post 07 Jun 2006, 16:54

Mission 14

HELP!

First attempt I lost all the buildings to the town below, second attempt saved most, but with the opponents attacking from the top, am slowly falling...

Think I might attack opponents at the top first,

any ideas or slight hints?!

Martyn

ps the team at the top (brown) start coming through the quarters of the green! so im gonna attack the brown first!!
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 08 Jun 2006, 20:08

I haven't "truly" completed the mission because I played it using TPR and because of the bugs in it, the green player didn't build anything so they were as good as dead. I can't remember if the brown team had the same problem, but netherless it was easy as hell playing via TPR. :P
<<

H.A.H.

Post 08 Jun 2006, 20:57

Hm well im on my third attempt i think now. Givin it everything!!!

dont really want a hinter but was so annoyed at the time lol.

However now, im building more and will have quite an army when my barracks is complete. have placed my knights so tht browns cannot penetrate my village so hopefully they will fend them off. plan to add bowers to help and maybe more iron weaponed men if i have them spare. Need to build up a good set of ironed bowers and probs pikemen to prevent greens from defeatin the PATHETIC yellows im supposd to be guarding. Who goes and attacks when they cant win and just get killed by the watch towers?! am gonna build one in front of stone so browns cant get thru that way :D what a plan... just hope it works.... skipped the level to check out 15, if u send ur knights to the far right u can dodge their army and destroy ther store house and also same applies to team far north and let them all starve. then u just gotta defeat i think yellows mayb? (far north east) shud b a gud level. havnt saved it, not gonna do it properly til iv dun 14 grr!

Peace out people

M x
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 09 Jun 2006, 06:18

Yeah mission 15 is easy as hell. There's only one team that is dangerous (Brown in northwest corner) but due to a bug, they can't produce gold. Their two gold mines have been misplaced into the gold so they won't appear, and slowly they will run out of gold so that they can't produce soldiers & citizens anymore.
<<

H.A.H.

Post 09 Jun 2006, 08:33

OH right awesome! Except I bet v. 1.32 has fixed that bug! lol. dont tell me in fact, il try do it as if i think they are producing gold! Il let you know how I get on.

After I finish all the levels, I might send u sum walkthroughs

Cheers,

M
<<

TonyDXIII

Lance Carrier

Post 11 Jun 2006, 14:53

Mission 14 is a fun, but extremely hard mission. One big problem is that you can't communicate with your ally which is a shame when they should develop a big army and wait and then attack with strategy.

I just finished school and my job is over in a few days so I'd be able to play a lot more now. Off the top of my head my best advice is to work very fast, personally one of my newest strategies (look for my own FAQ soon to come hopefully) is to start after all the basic things with a three farms, then a two swine farms, and then a two butchers. if you can get those sausages cranking out your set as they fill your people up better then anyone which will by a lot of time for you.

Next get the gold and coal mines up quickly and the metal worker. Make sure you have at least 3-4 Woodcutters, and 2-3 sawmills, and 2-3 weapons workshops, 1-2 armor work shops. try to pump out troops quick just so you have a good amount to protect. also try to build a few watch towers here and there, maybe even 2-3 near your ally, I know its out of the way but what the heck right.

Yes, I know its confusing as well but I'm gonna go back and start playing. I've looked at Hotdog's guides and there really helpful even to myself. And if you read this dude I figured out like last month that level 4, level 7, maybe level 8, level 9, and another which I can not think of can be won with your starting armies.

Hope I could be a help. I'll be active today hopefully, and you'll see me back Wednesday when my job is over and I get paid.

Till Next time,
Tony :)
<<

twelvespike

Rogue

Post 11 Jun 2006, 16:10

Cheers Tony!!!

I'm gonna give it a go now, but I dunno whether to go attack one army first and try defeat them. From what I can gather the brown army seem to have 2x12 swordsmen and maybe 2 x12 crossbowmen so im gonna get them first if i can.

Thanks for the tip with the sausages!! Will defo try.

I plan to do as many walkthroughs as I can after my A Levels (finish last exam 26th, cant wait!!)

Cheers y'all

Martyn
<<

TonyDXIII

Lance Carrier

Post 11 Jun 2006, 16:19

Quick question, why do you guys say brown team? Isn't it like a black, or gray?

Anyway, Yes attack them first, as the green team doesn't attack often. But if they attack while your ally has no army their city is as good as dead. so try to have at least a small group to protect them, say 12 axe fighters, 12 bowmen.

Utilize your leather troops because even with smaller amounts, bowmen are the key to killing enemy armies they are quick and lethal. And remember, no direct assaults, try to take 1 bowmen and draw the armies out.
<<

twelvespike

Rogue

Post 11 Jun 2006, 18:42

lol thnx for all the advise!!! am currently trying again lol. we call them brown cuz they r!!! tho now that i look closer....
<<

TonyDXIII

Lance Carrier

Post 11 Jun 2006, 19:34

Heh, no problem..but they look gray to me, or black. I always thought the Barbarians were the Brown color. Eh oh well, who cares it is not an issue to me maybe its a little different in the international versions. I'll offer my help to anyone who wants to hear, I am no expert but I try.

Oh, yeah that FAQ, well its more of a guide now a really big one so I'll have it up by like Friday the latest due to me not having any time Monday or Tuesday.

Stay tuned boys,
Tony :)

PS. I was wondering if anyone had pictures of the Multiplayer maps. And also what mission/map is this one:

http://www.zuxxez.com/game_projects/images/big/051005113359km_big_004.jpg
<<

twelvespike

Rogue

Post 11 Jun 2006, 19:53

yeh cheers for the advice, mission 14 is pretty tough.

Havnt seen that map sorry mate no. Hotdog has a few so he might know.

Id like to no how they get a pic of the whole map at the begning of the mission.

i wud giv u a screenprint but it always freezes at the begining of the multiplayer games for sum reason!!

M
<<

TonyDXIII

Lance Carrier

Post 11 Jun 2006, 19:55

These are pictures of the entire maps, I forgot which site it is though got it from a link of the Knights & merchants DE site

http://members.lycos.nl/knightandmerchants/newpage3.html
<<

twelvespike

Rogue

Post 11 Jun 2006, 19:57

nice site! im not gonna look at 14 and onwards, i wanna do the missions before!! then i feel iv achieved sumthin!! not cheatin

lol.

M
<<

twelvespike

Rogue

Post 11 Jun 2006, 20:15

lol sod it, just looked at mission 14 map, seems that u shud take the green camp first, as they dont have many troops to start with. then go in the backway to defeat browns hopefully. wud be alright if u started with more troops urself, ideally u need to have ur ideal number of troops ready when the yellow allys attack greens.

Hmm tricky level...!

Martyn
<<

TonyDXIII

Lance Carrier

Post 11 Jun 2006, 20:20

Yeah, thing is by the time you have everything done, the green team has double the troops, your allies, most likely attacked...all their people dead, the black team is much stronger... Defense is key in this mission as eventually they'll run out of iron. But most people won't spend 4 -5 hours on the mission like I did heh.

Keep at it though, it took me 7 attempts to finally beat that mission. :(

Return to “Strategy Central”