Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Mission 16, win with starting troop only

<<

rephikul

Woodcutter

Post 20 Mar 2008, 03:09

Mission 16, win with starting troop only

16.) Within an hour the top of all leather will have an army of 200 +, but the bottom can be destroyed with starting army.
I've found out the trick in mission 14, but mission 16 has more room to execute :)

The main trick of this mission is kiting top black troops so that you have room to bash on its building.

Walkthrough
1) Immediately head north, engaging bottom left black. The faster you start moving, the less units will die to watch tower. Hit their xbowmen with your knights, by the time their swordsmen come by, your xbowmen should have arrived for fire support. Wait for their swordsmen to pass then charge your swordsmen in, try to take out all serf with stone on hand. After all of their swordsmen dead, clean up bottom left base fast then move to bottom right one. (i only destroyed school, store house and inn, leave barrack. YEP)

2) avoid the swordsmen on the way, go a lil north and hit their school / inn / barrack. Their archers might interfere, i dont quite remember. If they did, use your knights. Remember that archer's formation would be seriously messed up if you kill their leader so try to focus him first. After all done, use a small squad to destroy upper left store house (max 4 or you'd draw knight's attention) preferably xbowmen or swordsmen

After this i still have 6 swordsmen, 10 knights and 6 xbowmen left.

3) as your xbowmen and swordsmen cleaning up, rush your knights back home and feed them, then bring them via the entrannce above bottom left base. Split them up into smaller teams of 2-3 ppl. You dont nessessarily use all of them, depending on your micromanagement skill (i used 2 with 1 backup)

4) move your squads of knigts into top base, one by one. I have 2 squad to the left and 2 to the right. with this, take turn destroying their building. You'd notice that they'd use either the scout team to the right ot some newly formed mini lancer squad to attack you (no archers) so do pull and push. Attack with left team -> scout come -> left team retreat , right team charge -> scout stopped chasing, run back -> attack with left team, right team retreat -> etc

5) Now this might be arguable, but i destroyed the top 3 farm before doing their inn and storehouse. The reason is it clear up room for grouping, more room for emergency running, less serf going that way now the house are destroyed so your way is clear and less grain = less horse = less scout chasing you. Dont worry, the builders wont do a damn. Since they still have farm and backery and mill down below near the watch tower, it is required to destroy both the inn and store house (no more gold, did you notice there's no gold mine up here? Yes right all gold in this base come from storehouse so store house down = useless school = useless barrack, leave the latter 2 be)

one of my knight died here :(

6) as soon as the store house is down, feed your swordsmen and xbowmen at base (not the knights) Send the knight in a pincer attack to the remaining of bottom right base, they should have rebuilt the base slightly with the remaining store house. Send 2-3 knights from top, lure out the knight and kite them as your main force hit the swordsmen. When the swordsmen are dead, simply cut the tail and the knights would run into your main force head first if they are picking on nearby serfs

After this, i still have 6 xbowmen, 2 swordsmen and 4 knights left :)

7)Feed knights and clean up bottom right base.

8) wait for top base to starve then clean up, victory

I'm bored of waiting so when they have run out of lancers and scout, about 16 bowmen and 12 axemen left i attacked them, all of my knights died here.

ImageImage
ss taken before final clean up (i.e. when i finally have enough time to do so without worrying) you can see what i've destroyed prior to dead town.
<<

Danjb

Sword Fighter

Post 20 Mar 2008, 18:17

Whoa man! That's insane!
<<

H.A.H.

Post 26 Jun 2008, 21:18

The first part is easy. Oh and sometimes if you just kill the laborers that are trying to build roads, it will glitch up and they won't continue building anymore roads. Not a sure-fire suggestion, since it sometimes doesn't work. If you want to still play through the level and want to start over and make it easier on yourself, then just take your knights and crossbowmen and kill the northeastern enemy's crossbowmen with your knights then kick the asses remaining enemy's knights and sword fighters.
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 23 Dec 2008, 16:28

Hi,

I tried your method, but I have trouble understanding what you mean.
Could you (or anyone else) please write a little more specific what to do..?

That would be very helpful :wink:

Tom
<<

Michailoff

Laborer

Post 27 Dec 2008, 00:29

Nothing new, buddies :wink:. I gradually slopes with 16 TSK theme mission ended early praise to the military and my achievements on all the missions without the production of the army :). I won this missions without production of the army (game version - SR2, when it was not yet established the SR3):
TSK - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 - very easy, but mission 8, 11 and 20 are hard.
TPR - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 - easy, but missions 12 and 14 are hard.
TNL - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 (new version, old is too hard :)), 12, 13, 14, 15 - hard, missions 10, 11, 12 are very hard (but possible, what is painfully convinced the Dark Lord (Especially when the new verison of mission 11 - completed without loss of a soldier!)), mission 16 is impossible (What has made great satisfaction the Dark Lord - You may only see his reaction as he heard that the finale of his campaign is not to complete with the initial army) :).
Overall this is not simple. If you are not experienced and do not complete but once the campaign TSK - not what you think about gathering the list, like me :P. And if you do what I - congratulations - because it just joined the Hall of Fame Kam :).
<<

Sir Peter

Rogue

Post 01 Jan 2009, 17:25

rephikul... that's epic! ^^
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 02 Jan 2009, 01:20

Mission 16 is quite easy to exploit as the AI does not really know where to place his troops it seems. There are quite big empty spaces that you can use to walk straight into the enemy base :D. IIRC I have also managed to whipe out all enemies with the starting army (a full troop of knights -> lots of destruction :D).

Return to “Strategy Central”