Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Mission 4 TSK (TPR version)

<<

Crivix

Laborer

Post 29 Aug 2008, 16:28

Mission 4 TSK (TPR version)

Well i just noticed more then only mission 3 is different from the original KaM TSK and i destroyed a green village but then i get a defeated screen, so anyone played it yet? would like some explanation if anyone has one :)

EDIT: :S i killed all yellow then finished off schools and got lot again... anyone know if it's a bug??
<<

kuba11100

Sword Fighter

Post 29 Aug 2008, 20:15

Install SR2 - it replaces the wrong 4 TSK (which is almost 4 TPR, with only difference that you have 6 scouts at start, iron buildings allowed and no ally) with original 4 TSK.
You are defeat because the goal in the mission is to destroy only enemy's soldiers and military buildings, and NOT storehouses, schools, inns and serfs.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 30 Aug 2008, 04:12

Yeah, kuba11100 is absolutely right, you need to install that patch. If you want a direct link:
http://www.knightsandmerchants.net/file ... nglish.zip
Install that and check if it works. (you will need to restart your saved games)
That's the English copy. If you're not running the English version of TPR then you'll need a different link, just let me know.

Good luck, let us know if that fixed it.
Lewin.
<<

Crivix

Laborer

Post 30 Aug 2008, 06:47

Thanks for help i'll just finish the original by just killing all his soldiers :)

EDIT: and my god yellow has much soldiers!
<<

FASTMOT

Post 26 Oct 2008, 08:49

KAM the P-R

High !

I have installed the patch , same problem at mission 4

... now game doesn't work at all.

Everytime I open it , its shuts down and windows gives msg : this prog stopped working. (check online for solutions or close prog.)

what to do ?

P.S. cheats to skip misson no work,
any new cheats , been playing mission 4 for 5 hours , destroyed a couple of store houses and lost the mission !
<<

FASTMOT

Post 26 Oct 2008, 08:51

P.S.

I have VISTA !
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 28 Oct 2008, 00:56

Re: KAM the P-R

Hi FASTMOT,
I have installed the patch , same problem at mission 4
... now game doesn't work at all.
I think I know what is wrong.
Don't try loading your saved games!! After patching you MUST delete (or override) your saves and start again, otherwise it could crash it. So start the campaign again from mission 1. (or use the cheat bellow to skip up to the mission you are currently playing) Whatever you do, DON'T LOAD SAVES!!!

If that doesn't help, then are you using a cracked/illegal version? I've heard that some of them use weird formats for missions (making it incompatible with the patch) so that might be your problem.
Does this happen for every mission or just mission 4?

P.S. cheats to skip misson no work,
any new cheats , been playing mission 4 for 5 hours , destroyed a couple of store houses and lost the mission !
Here's a useful cheat to skip missions:
1. Find the folder where KaM is installed and browse to <Your KaM Dir>\data\mission
2. For ever mission you do NOT wish to play change the name of that file. (If it is the TSK campaign then use the mission1-20.dat files, if it's TPR use dmission1-14.dat)
So if you want to skip mission 4 TPR, then change the name of dmission1.dat to dmission1-old.dat and the same for all the missions up to 4.
3. Then start the TPR campaign again and it should skip past all the missions up until that one. Rename them back to restore.

Of course, it could be because you're using Vista, that seams to create a huge number of issues.

Let us know how it goes, and I'll try to help you further if that hasn't fixed it for you.
Lewin.
<<

Woloo

Post 18 Feb 2011, 20:01

unable to install service patch

Hey i tryed to install in service patch but it came up with an error. So any sugestions why?

ps. vista
<<

woloo

Post 18 Feb 2011, 20:44

same

When i tryed to install Sr2 is says: "code32" the files could not be overwritten while another proces uses it. freely translated from Danish

plz help
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 18 Feb 2011, 22:51

Re: same

When i tryed to install Sr2 is says: "code32" the files could not be overwritten while another proces uses it.
This probably means that the game files are in use. Please make sure that the game is not running while you install the patch. Also close all other programs and windows just in case. If you were running fan tools like the map editor or the mission editor at the time of installing it also could have caused the problem. Otherwise, try restarting your computer, then install the patch BEFORE you start any other programs. That is, turn it on and log in, wait for Windows to load, run the installer.

I hope this helps.
Lewin.
<<

woloo

Post 20 Feb 2011, 17:40

Thanks for the quick response.

I did try it and the error didn't appear but when i entered the game all remains the same i still got version 1.52....

In the instaltion guide it is written: into the
directory in which your Knights and Merchants is installed

what excactly do u mean by this? i have KaM at my desktop..
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 20 Feb 2011, 20:54

If the version is still 1.52 then the file KM_TPR.exe was not updated. Please make sure that the KaM files are not read-only. You should also try uninstalling KaM, then reinstalling it to a different location. Then try to apply the patch before you even start the game for the first time. Let me know how that goes.
what excactly do u mean by this? i have KaM at my desktop..
Which thing I said are you referring to? I'll try to explain it better.
Lewin.
<<

woloo

Post 21 Feb 2011, 16:52

Okay I got the game from a freind who had the CD, it is now lost so reinstalling insn't a option.

I will try saving it on an USB and try to install it on a xp computer and see if that helps, in case not i was wondering if it was posseble (know u only deal with legal copies) but that i might could download your game, through fx. dropbox....

Thanks again for taking time answering my questions.
<<

woloo

Post 21 Feb 2011, 18:05

I tryed to install with but nothing happend..... i said installtion complete and when i open KaM it is still 5.12 ):
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 21 Feb 2011, 21:53

Copying the game to your computer using an USB stick won't allow you to patch it since the required registry keys (used e.g. to determine installation path) won't be created.

Return to “Strategy Central”