Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

I got the urge to play K&M again!

<<

TonyDXIII

Lance Carrier

Post 27 Oct 2008, 22:53

I got the urge to play K&M again!

Hello to all who remember me :D

Well, once again I've found myself intrested in Knights & Merchants on a part time, whenever I have some free time basis. If I recall I owe you guys some walkthroughs, I havent worked much on it since my Knights & Merchants program was giving me a lot of trouble, but I finally got it working all fine and dandy. College has been troubling as well, very busy with all my work. With Midterms over Im happy to say im taking it a bit easy for now even though I knw things are going to pick up.

So, whats funny is that I decided to come on here today and its been a year exactly today from my last post. But thats a change, I plan on being a little more active and helpful. By the way the editors look really nice, and the site still being around makes me very happy.

Well, if its still an open oppritunity I'm willing to write walkthroughs for the Shattered Kingdom, because I believe the Peasents Rebellion is a broken game but I dont know if any unoffical patches have been released to fix everything.

Thanks guys, I know this really isnt a strategy post but I've always found Strategy Central as my little haven.

Once Again, Thanks for reading
Tony :D
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 28 Oct 2008, 05:46

Hey welcome back! :)
You're right, the walkthroughs have shined with their absence for the last four years, perhaps we will soon see a change in that?
<<

TonyDXIII

Lance Carrier

Post 28 Oct 2008, 06:00

I would most certainly agree I'm a bit excited actually to do this again. it?s really hard to do all 20 missions straight because it takes hours upon hours to write detailed information, the missions early on aren't very hard and are predictable while the later second half of the game is very hard and the enemy is constantly attacking, requires much strategy and quick planning.
I've played for almost 10 years and some missions still give me a heart attack. I?m really hoping to get missions 5, 6 and 7 up by today (Tuesday) I?m done with 5 & 6, writing up 7 as I speak, should be done. Mission 8 is a mess, I?ve written down 2 of my own experiences in a notebook, the holy notebook of my guide?s hehe, but it?s still a mission where anything can happen. I haven?t played it in a long time so I might start it over just to get a good grip on it but still will write it tomorrow. Mission 9 is another tough one and 10 is a battle mission.
I won?t make any promises for how soon I can get them up; 5-7 will be up tomorrow though. 8-10 I?ll need time, I?m a sophomore right now and well my teachers pile on the work so it?s killing me. I?ll be using Monday and Tuesday to write and play since I?m off on Tuesdays.

Glad to be back and contributing.
<<

TonyDXIII

Lance Carrier

Post 28 Oct 2008, 18:26

Well I've added three missions. I wrote them mainly for a couple of hours last night, well the morning. I I've spent the past 4 hours witting up Mission 7.

I feel rusty, so feel free to read them over and point out any mistakes or things that aren't clear and can be done differently. I want to provide the best mission guide possible to the players of Knights & Merchants. I'm going to start playing Mission 8 again today, should go pretty smoothly it will allow me to go back and check over my notes and make sure everything is right.

I can't promise when the next missions will be available, I have school for the next three days and want to focus. Also Friday is Halloween so I'll be out and about sporting my Darth Vader Costume. So hopefully this weekend I can do can some progress done.
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 29 Oct 2008, 07:26

Great, I just skimmed through them and they look real nice! I'll try to give them more detailed look later today and provide you with some feedback. :)
<<

TonyDXIII

Lance Carrier

Post 29 Oct 2008, 18:01

Thanks, I finished Mission 8 yesterday. The thing is its always a different result, I met very little resistance, I was easily able to defeat my enemies. The western barbarians keep building an army but they were very weak, the northern barbarians had always when I played created this massive Knight army and only 1 attacked me when I attacked them.

I really dont know how im going to write this guide for the level, I've got a very good set up, it was almost un-needed to even use iron troops but i did because i was bored at the end, i defeated both enemies with 24 bowmen and 24 axe fighters.

I'm guessing its becoming so easy for me because of how good I've gotten over the years to use my intelligence and plan first instead of being a novice and using ill-advised methods.

I'll try my best with the guide, theres no quick way to win. You have to be really good to win out with your starting army. I've done it, its very hard but you've still gotta keep building your town because you gotta feed your people, so either way it ends up being long like 3 hours. My average time is about 6:30 mins, last night was 6:32, the last times were 6: 34 and 6:28 so its all in the neighborhood.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 29 Oct 2008, 23:20

Yeah, well done!
These will be a great addition to the fansite.

Some beginners might find them useful to pickup a few hints on game play, and they are written in a format that makes them interesting and consistent with the game style.
I don't have any suggestions for you, I think they are fine.

So thanks for your great contribution.
Lewin.
<<

TonyDXIII

Lance Carrier

Post 30 Oct 2008, 01:42

I'm becoming very frustrated with the last levels I've played in.

Mission 8, Well I would say by the end you should have over 2000 enemies defeated. Its always either one of the towns just seems to glitch out and stop constructing and training solider's.

Mission 9, Okay only 1 of the three towns trained solider's. The small village did not even build anything, it made an Inn and then that's all I found when I got there, I thought it was their army but it was the town up in the north east. Its killing the experience for me, because if I'm supposed to write an accurate guide things should be working, because variables are not things novice players are accustomed to.

Could you answer me this Litude, about the patch's have they improved on these problems? I really have not been updated in these areas, and if they improve the game, I'd rather play the game with the patch so its harder. The game overall is to easy as it is, there should be more emphasis on bigger armies. I'd love to assist on the game stuff but I can neither script nor do graphics. I'm a decent writer though :wink:

So if you guys every figure out how to completely re-work the game let me know, I've seen the kingdom expanded thing but there's barely info on it. it sounds cool so we'll see. I really can't believe its almost 10 years since the games been out and still going.
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 30 Oct 2008, 10:45

Could you answer me this Litude, about the patch's have they improved on these problems? I really have not been updated in these areas, and if they improve the game, I'd rather play the game with the patch so its harder. The game overall is to easy as it is, there should be more emphasis on bigger armies. I'd love to assist on the game stuff but I can neither script nor do graphics. I'm a decent writer though :wink:
Yeah in case you haven't noticed, there's a sub forum for a 1.60 patch which fixes e.g. the problems in mission 9. The patch is in beta though so I recommend that you install it on a secondary copy of the game. There are some annoying bugs in the current release.

Return to “Strategy Central”