Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Healthy food for your people.

<<

batoonike

Warrior

Post 01 Apr 2010, 10:11

Healthy food for your people.

I used to make a lot of wineyards and always lacked sausages. So the people were very often eating bread and wine or sometimes only wine/only bread. Means they left the inn with half-full stomach and came back too often.

So I tried out making no wine at all, tons of sausages and just a little bread. With 80 serves, my food industry looked like that:

11 farms for wheat

For bread:
2 mills
2 bakeries

For sausages:
5 swine farms
3 putcheries

I ended up having like over 200 extra sausages in storehouses. Even though 2 bakeries look a bit little for 80 serves, it worked fine, since there was always sausages to eat and most people left the inn with 100% condition.
The putcheries should all be really close to the inn and storehouse.

When the fish became available, people didnt eat if they had bread + sausages. They did eat bread + fish in case sausages were out, though.
<<

Yeti

Militia

Post 28 Jun 2010, 18:21

I'd say you have a few too many farms there though. 4 wasted farms to be precise.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 04 Jul 2010, 04:51

I recently tried something like this, except I was merly tring to build a huge city. With over 100 serfs I had 15 farms (with WAY to much extra corn) 8 swine farms and 3 butchers, I had 200 sauseges in mine storehouse. I don't remember how many backerys I had. I'd check but the file is on my school acount, and I'm out of school for 2 months :P
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Hede87

Laborer

Post 08 Nov 2010, 14:58

I recently tried something like this, except I was merly tring to build a huge city. With over 100 serfs I had 15 farms (with WAY to much extra corn) 8 swine farms and 3 butchers, I had 200 sauseges in mine storehouse. I don't remember how many backerys I had. I'd check but the file is on my school acount, and I'm out of school for 2 months :P
I usually try to build a huge city that gives all sorts of foods and all sorts of weapons. What I usually are having problems with is to small roads.

Think last time i built this many I had about 130~ serfs about 8-10 farms and 6 piggyfarms and 2 windmills/butchery/bakery. This results in having enormous amount of leather, so leather armors are almost free (having done about 150 leather armors and having almost 200 ready leather rolls).

This is fun I think making it no problem building up to 100+ soliders in every attack! :twisted:
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 09 Nov 2010, 15:57

Well I did it again in one of the single maps, but then I stopped because my new buildings kept disappearing once I placed them and my serfs stopped giving stones to my laborers. my city was so big too...
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Hede87

Laborer

Post 09 Nov 2010, 20:32

Holy jesus, how big are we talking here?
<<

ErikTheRed

Serf

Post 10 Jan 2011, 18:54

i once did a map with about 180 serfs, i only needed about 21 farms i think? my main problem isnt food, i usually try to keep a 3:2 ratio with farms:corn-using-things (3 farms, 2 mills... 3 farms, 2 swine...)

my major problem, same as hede, was ROADS to get food inside the inns. even with tripple road spaces infront of all my inns and storehouses, there was a constant traffic jam infront of all no matter how many of these buildings i had. i tried 1 store house around every 5 buildings at one point, but with this much population it just didnt work out.

(well it did work out, i had a huuuuuge stockpile of food and none of my serfs were dying.... but it looked bad and i felt bad :( i had to keep constantly checking to see if anyone was dying, but luckily they werent :P)

i find a population around 100 serfs works best,
- +-12 farms to 4 mills 4 swine
-2 butchers
-3 bakers
-1 or 2 stables depending how many scouts/knights you are going to use
-2 of each weapon building
-a huge amount of timber production :P (8-10 woodcutters' and 4 carpenters')
-and a store house +inn combination between every 3 farms and 2 mills or swine farm and other stuff like a couple wood production, weapons manufactories, and other primary, secondary and tertiary industries.

Return to “Strategy Central”