Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

A Farmers Wish

<<

Shayne Hawke

Peasant

Post 13 May 2012, 02:58

A Farmers Wish

I'd like some help in figuring out how to beat this mission. I'm stuck on the very first attack. The best I've been able to do is either fight directly and kill all but a few Vagabonds (usually it's a little of everything left over), or place my armies to the side and pull each enemy platoon aside to kill one-by-one until they eventually destroy my storehouse because they break it down faster than I can distract them.

How exactly am I supposed to beat this when they have such a large numbers advantage in frontliners and my only advantage is in the lowest quality of ranged fighter?
<<

HellRacer

Lance Carrier

Post 13 May 2012, 08:05

Re: A Farmers Wish

This mission was actually made for KaM TPR. But fighting is a little different on the Remake. I haven't been able to beat my own mission either :P
Maybe I can adjust it a little so it is posseble to survive the first attack.
<<

Plaguesworn

Militia

Post 13 May 2012, 20:16

I know "A Farmers Wish" is created for K&M TPR in the old days, but you are actually able to complete the mission in K&M the Remake with no problem. I even think it's easier in the Remake than in TPR, only feding off the begin attack is different. I'll post an old replay of me playing the mission.Though, the replay is messed up for some reason. I get this alot lately, with pretty much evere replay from a single player mission, odd :/ But you do are able to see how I fended off the opening attack, but some things aren't right about it. For instance, I gave the order for the laborers to build some roads to the south, so they and the serfs won't get killed. But the replay doesn't show it, and after about 2-3 minutes, just about after the attack, it crashes. I still have my saved file where I pretty much defeated all the enemies on the map with my beginning army. I wonder what causes it to behave like this. Anyway, here are the files: http://uploading.com/files/3145428b/A%2 ... BWish.rar/
<<

Into_The_Battle

Farmer

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 14 May 2012, 23:00

I only made it with 2 players in co-op... But I think there is another way... Press f11 in-game, and then you'll have the option of controlling your ally army by clicking in a box with the players number or color... You must remember you can only control one "color" at a time, but I guess it will be MUCH easier to fend off the first atack with your ally's army side-by-side to yours. Remember you must re-select your player number or color in the f11 menu, in order to control your original "color".

Hope that helps!
P.S. Don't use the f11 hack to control or even see what your opponents are doing... I guess that's called cheating, and even in sinlgeplayer mode, that's kinda uncool. IDK, makes you want to use it EVERYTIME you're in a bad position.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 15 May 2012, 01:39

@Plaguesworn: Singleplayer replays mismatch after a while, it's an issue we are aware of but we don't know what causes it :(

@Into_The_Battle: Most features of the F11 debugging panel are disabled in multiplayer (otherwise people would use it for cheating) We might remove it altogether eventually, but for now it can be useful.
<<

Shayne Hawke

Peasant

Post 16 May 2012, 03:07

Thank you for the replay, Plague. That gave me exactly the information I needed to take care of that first encounter. I have since beaten the mission.
<<

HellRacer

Lance Carrier

Post 16 May 2012, 10:45

You should be able to win the first attack now, I adjusted the enemy's army a little in the 4th demo

Return to “Strategy Central”