Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Register  •  Login

TSK 20 Won in 4.5 minutes (r6720)

<<

cmowla

User avatar

Knight

Posts: 410

Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 19:59

Location: United States

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 17 Jan 2015, 01:51

Re: TSK 20 Won in 9m58s in r6720/11m31s in r5503

I created an alternate plan to beat TSK20, and I beat it in 9 minutes and 58 seconds in r6720! I believe I have reached my minimum time with this map. :lol: (The replay has been added to the first post.)
Invasion and Lava Valley with 0 losses|Invasion (without saves)|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Northern Islands I Co-op in 1.71 hours
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

The Dark Lord

User avatar

King Karolus Servant

Posts: 2152

Joined: 29 Aug 2007, 22:00

Location: In his dark thunderstormy castle

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 17 Jan 2015, 08:44

Re: TSK 20 Won in 9m58s in r6720/11m31s in r5503

MADNESS

Okay, you have earned yourself a nickname now sir: Cmowla the Abuser. Sounds pretty good eh? :P
Well done.
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

User avatar

Former Site Admin

Posts: 1832

Joined: 03 Jan 2007, 23:00

Location: The Netherlands

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 17 Jan 2015, 09:26

Re: TSK 20 Won in 9m58s in r6720/11m31s in r5503

Looking at all your accomplishments in SP KaM, I was actually wondering if you're not interested in writing walkthroughs, so we can finish/remake our Walkthroughs section on KaM.net, since it hasn't been updated in like 5 - 10 years..
<<

cmowla

User avatar

Knight

Posts: 410

Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 19:59

Location: United States

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 17 Jan 2015, 14:06

Re: TSK 20 Won in 9m58s in r6720/11m31s in r5503

The Dark Lord wrote:MADNESS

Okay, you have earned yourself a nickname now sir: Cmowla the Abuser. Sounds pretty good eh? :P
Well done.
Thanks! I thought how I got the two sword groups to chase after my knight in the initial battle was quite hysterical (making contact with them but yet still avoiding combat---you go for the shield side of them on hilly ground)! In addition, I believe another crucial part of my plan was at 2:23 - 2:34, when I had the two groups of 6 xbows firing at my knight before my other knight (below him) struck another xbowmen group. This both (1) slowed down my yellow ally from committing suicide and (2) saved me the trouble of killing those two xbowmen groups later.

T*AnTi-V!RuZz wrote:Looking at all your accomplishments in SP KaM, I was actually wondering if you're not interested in writing walkthroughs, so we can finish/remake our Walkthroughs section on KaM.net, since it hasn't been updated in like 5 - 10 years..
This sounds interesting, although I don't know if you want walkthroughs which discourage building, as no mission in the TSK campaign in the remake, at least, requires that you do so (I can beat all missions with my initial army, even TSK14). In addition, since I've played the remake, I'm not sure if I know the AI of the original game well enough to give the best possible account of it (and I hate that bugged game now).

However, if you meant walkthroughs for the remake TSK campaign and you want me to teach "abuse", I am confident I can give a good account!
Invasion and Lava Valley with 0 losses|Invasion (without saves)|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Northern Islands I Co-op in 1.71 hours
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

User avatar

Former Site Admin

Posts: 1832

Joined: 03 Jan 2007, 23:00

Location: The Netherlands

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 17 Jan 2015, 14:17

Re: TSK 20 Won in 9m58s in r6720/11m31s in r5503

cmowla wrote:
T*AnTi-V!RuZz wrote:Looking at all your accomplishments in SP KaM, I was actually wondering if you're not interested in writing walkthroughs, so we can finish/remake our Walkthroughs section on KaM.net, since it hasn't been updated in like 5 - 10 years..
This sounds interesting, although I don't know if you want walkthroughs which discourage building, as no mission in the TSK campaign in the remake, at least, requires that you do so (I can beat all missions with my initial army, even TSK14). In addition, since I've played the remake, I'm not sure if I know the AI of the original game well enough to give the best possible account of it (and I hate that bugged game now).

However, if you meant walkthroughs for the remake TSK campaign and you want me to teach "abuse", I am confident I can give a good account!

Well the idea was originally to have two walkthroughs per mission: one with a serious approach (building a nice town) and the other with the intial army or at least a 'quick run'. I'd love to have them both, but if you only like to do the latter, you're most welcome.

Besides, I think it's more useful to start adding Remake walkthroughs than original ones..
<<

cmowla

User avatar

Knight

Posts: 410

Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 19:59

Location: United States

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 17 Jan 2015, 14:35

Re: TSK 20 Won in 9m58s in r6720/11m31s in r5503

T*AnTi-V!RuZz wrote:Well the idea was originally to have two walkthroughs per mission: one with a serious approach (building a nice town) and the other with the intial army or at least a 'quick run'. I'd love to have them both, but if you only like to do the latter, you're most welcome.

Besides, I think it's more useful to start adding Remake walkthroughs than original ones..
The only mission that I have played as of late which requires building (to produce weapons) is Vatrix's "Two Sides". If you haven't seen my village for that map (the replay is r6367 Nightly in this post), which is market-based, since Vatrix disabled the gold and iron production buildings, you can judge if I'm qualified to teach on building towns. Perhaps that town can be a model for teaching about the market in the remake? (Just in case you don't have that version of the remake on your machine anymore, I provided a screen-shot in this post. I traded wine barrels and wood for gold in the bottom market and skins and pigs for iron in the top two markets. My (productive) wood-cutters are at the bottom of the town--they are the only buildings not shown in this screen-shot).

EDIT: Oh, I also had to build a weapon-producing town in Skypper's "Town Defense" in r6157. The replay is in this post.

As for building walkthroughs, I think it might be best if a team of us built different model towns for different playing styles (you know, some players might like leather more than iron, a combination of both, or pure iron. In addition, some might care more about food or more about fast weapon production), because I don't think my style is suitable for everyone. That is, it might simply be best to show screen-shots of multiple sample villages. In addition, we can number the buildings in the order they should be built for decent (if not maximum) efficiency. However, if you disagree with this approach, tell me how I should design these walkthroughs, should I decide to take on the challenge.

As far as the latter, I'm going to take up your offer! I guess I can email the quick-win walkthroughs as I make them. Can I provide a few (small) screen-shots to accompany my walkthroughs? Also, I should make walkthroughs designed for r6720, correct?
Invasion and Lava Valley with 0 losses|Invasion (without saves)|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Northern Islands I Co-op in 1.71 hours
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

User avatar

Former Site Admin

Posts: 1832

Joined: 03 Jan 2007, 23:00

Location: The Netherlands

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 17 Jan 2015, 15:35

Re: TSK 20 Won in 9m58s in r6720/11m31s in r5503

cmowla wrote:
T*AnTi-V!RuZz wrote:Well the idea was originally to have two walkthroughs per mission: one with a serious approach (building a nice town) and the other with the intial army or at least a 'quick run'. I'd love to have them both, but if you only like to do the latter, you're most welcome.

Besides, I think it's more useful to start adding Remake walkthroughs than original ones..
The only mission that I have played as of late which requires building (to produce weapons) is Vatrix's "Two Sides". If you haven't seen my village for that map (the replay is r6367 Nightly in this post), which is market-based, since Vatrix disabled the gold and iron production buildings, you can judge if I'm qualified to teach on building towns. Perhaps that town can be a model for teaching about the market in the remake? (Just in case you don't have that version of the remake on your machine anymore, I provided a screen-shot in this post. I traded wine barrels and wood for gold in the bottom market and skins and pigs for iron in the top two markets. My (productive) wood-cutters are at the bottom of the town--they are the only buildings not shown in this screen-shot).

EDIT: Oh, I also had to build a weapon-producing town in Skypper's "Town Defense" in r6157. The replay is in this post.

As for building walkthroughs, I think it might be best if a team of us built different model towns for different playing styles (you know, some players might like leather more than iron, a combination of both, or pure iron. In addition, some might care more about food or more about fast weapon production), because I don't think my style is suitable for everyone. That is, it might simply be best to show screen-shots of multiple sample villages. In addition, we can number the buildings in the order they should be built for decent (if not maximum) efficiency. However, if you disagree with this approach, tell me how I should design these walkthroughs, should I decide to take on the challenge.

As far as the latter, I'm going to take up your offer! I guess I can email the quick-win walkthroughs as I make them. Can I provide a few (small) screen-shots to accompany my walkthroughs? Also, I should make walkthroughs designed for r6720, correct?

Yeah, just use the most recente Remake.

You're free to fill in the walkthrough however you like. There are no rules, they're just meant to help people pass the mission. Since you can pass mission, you "qualified" to write walkthroughs :P And yes, you can include screenshots, no problem.
<<

cmowla

User avatar

Knight

Posts: 410

Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 19:59

Location: United States

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 19 Feb 2015, 22:33

Re: TSK 20 Won in 8m30s in r6720/11m31s in r5503

Although I later suspected that I could beat this mission in this remake version faster than 10 minutes (after watching my 10 minute replay many times), I didn't suspect that I could beat it in 8 minutes and 30 seconds. KaMRemakefan would be proud. :)

A total of 25 save restore points.

I note that I reused the first 33 seconds of my 10 minute game, but I managed to lose just 5 units in the initial battle. The ending is quite funny. The last three buildings get destroyed simultaneously at the last second of the game. :lol:

dicsoupcan wrote:meh why not under 8 minutes instead?
Maybe next time. :mrgreen:
Invasion and Lava Valley with 0 losses|Invasion (without saves)|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Northern Islands I Co-op in 1.71 hours
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

cmowla

User avatar

Knight

Posts: 410

Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 19:59

Location: United States

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 25 Feb 2015, 20:36

Re: TSK 20 Won in 7m57s in r6720/11m31s in r5503

I did it, dicsoupcan. 7 minutes and 57 seconds. I reused the first two minutes of my 8.5 minute win, but the plan for this time is significantly different. 36 losses (including villagers) total, 5 losses in the initial battle.

I had to basically triple the amount of abuse to take off that additional 33 seconds. A total of 33 save restore points.

I'm actually quite surprised that this time is possible, and there IS NO WAY I can significantly improve this time.

Lastly, I dedicate this to the human race, as it is one illustration which shows what we can accomplish if we are persistent. This win is not just for me, but for the entire KaM remake community.
Invasion and Lava Valley with 0 losses|Invasion (without saves)|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Northern Islands I Co-op in 1.71 hours
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

Vatrix

User avatar

Council Member

Posts: 410

Joined: 19 Apr 2013, 20:30

Location: Czech Republic

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 25 Feb 2015, 21:42

Re: TSK 20 Won in 7m57s in r6720/11m31s in r5503

Man stahp! It's impossible you did it under 8 minutes :O !
I fixed The Shattered Kingdom and The Peasants Rebellion here!
<<

cmowla

User avatar

Knight

Posts: 410

Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 19:59

Location: United States

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 25 Feb 2015, 21:59

Re: TSK 20 Won in 7m57s in r6720/11m31s in r5503

Vatrix wrote:Man stahp! It's impossible you did it under 8 minutes :O !
Just watch it, and you will see it's possible and has been done.

No hacks, only several days worth of experimenting with several needed breaks in between each attempt. Unlike my previous fast wins, this one was difficult during the entire game except for the last 30 seconds.

I think this particular game is the mother of all abuse. I think it's really a perfect game, and for once, I'm really content with that it really is a masterpiece!
Invasion and Lava Valley with 0 losses|Invasion (without saves)|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Northern Islands I Co-op in 1.71 hours
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Posts: 1314

Joined: 12 Feb 2012, 21:36

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 26 Feb 2015, 13:11

Re: TSK 20 Won in 7m57s in r6720/11m31s in r5503

cmowla wrote:
Vatrix wrote:Man stahp! It's impossible you did it under 8 minutes :O !
Just watch it, and you will see it's possible and has been done.

No hacks, only several days worth of experimenting with several needed breaks in between each attempt. Unlike my previous fast wins, this one was difficult during the entire game except for the last 30 seconds.

I think this particular game is the mother of all abuse. I think it's really a perfect game, and for once, I'm really content with that it really is a masterpiece!



i still call hax
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

cmowla

User avatar

Knight

Posts: 410

Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 19:59

Location: United States

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 26 Feb 2015, 14:30

Re: TSK 20 Won in 7m57s in r6720/11m31s in r5503

dicsoupcan wrote:i still call hax
So when you asked me to beat it in this time, you were certain it was legally impossible?

If you want me to make a commentary of my play (upload a video to YouTube of me explaining every part of the execution in detail) and/or upload all of my save restore points, I can. If you want me to, I do warn you that ignorance is bliss regarding this replay.
Last edited by cmowla on 26 Feb 2015, 16:30, edited 1 time in total.
Invasion and Lava Valley with 0 losses|Invasion (without saves)|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Northern Islands I Co-op in 1.71 hours
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

Ben

User avatar

Council Member

Posts: 3801

Joined: 08 Jan 2009, 23:00

Location: California GMT - 8 (Standard Time)

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 26 Feb 2015, 16:21

Re: TSK 20 Won in 7m57s in r6720/11m31s in r5503

Disco is just teasing you ;)

But yes, for the good of us all, please don't make a video of this abuse :D :D :D
#thunderposting #greentornado
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Posts: 1314

Joined: 12 Feb 2012, 21:36

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 26 Feb 2015, 18:11

Re: TSK 20 Won in 7m57s in r6720/11m31s in r5503

Ben is right, i shall work better on my sarcasm next time. :( good job, i never thought you could do it tbh.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
PreviousNext

Return to Game replays

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron